Grey prints as a color by Epson ET 15000 printer. Any fixes?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every grey from 30% to 60% comes out dark blue if Epson manages color and dark green if PS manages color. 

Macbook pro 2016,  Big Sur 11.2.1,  PS 22.2.0. RGB color. The paper does not matter. I made a test sheet with strictly grey colors but as RGB document (not greyscale). I've tried many different combinations of available settings (there is not much flexibility). It also happens for every one of my photos that have grey.

If anyone has seen or heard about this problem I will supply more details.

I will be returning the printer if no solution.

Thanks

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the Epson ET-15000 come with specific ICC profiles for your paper? If so, make sure you are using the correct profile when using Photoshop manages colours.

Dave

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Epson paper? Epson ink?

The Epson printer driver is based around specific media, ink and other settings.

Third party media would give different results without using the correct printer driver settings and ICC profile.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines