Highlighted

Grids useless with GPU

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated to 20.2., if I activate the grid, it shows thicker lines shaped like an L or so. I can't zoom, it just jumps around, the dynamic zoom doesn't work at all. It is a horror, I can't work with these new grids, which I need all the time. With version 20.0.9 everything was fine.

Beside guides and grids look terrible, performance with thick grid is very bad. I tried to turn off GPU support and grids backs to normal (thin) but performance is not so good as with GPU. I can’t use 3D and many more things. Without GPU I might as well get rid of PS and buy some Mickey Mouse SW.

The official response from Adobe was, the release of Photoshop 21.2.1 should resolve this issue. NO, it didn’t, also 21.2.2 didn’t fix it. Why was it changed in the first place? Why change a running system? Doesn’t Adobe check everything BEFORE they release a new version?Grid.jpg

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Grids useless with GPU

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated to 20.2., if I activate the grid, it shows thicker lines shaped like an L or so. I can't zoom, it just jumps around, the dynamic zoom doesn't work at all. It is a horror, I can't work with these new grids, which I need all the time. With version 20.0.9 everything was fine.

Beside guides and grids look terrible, performance with thick grid is very bad. I tried to turn off GPU support and grids backs to normal (thin) but performance is not so good as with GPU. I can’t use 3D and many more things. Without GPU I might as well get rid of PS and buy some Mickey Mouse SW.

The official response from Adobe was, the release of Photoshop 21.2.1 should resolve this issue. NO, it didn’t, also 21.2.2 didn’t fix it. Why was it changed in the first place? Why change a running system? Doesn’t Adobe check everything BEFORE they release a new version?Grid.jpg

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you want to use a grid on a image zoomed way out or one a very small image.  Use Ctrl+' turn it off at that scale.

Capture.jpg

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My above sample was just that to show the grid as I don't know how describe it in english. I need the grid for layouts on a 4000x4000 px paper. The distance between the photos should be 30 px. To turn off the grid is a strange answer. I only activate to place the picture of course. If your car doesn't run, do you push it instead ? 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, what OS? 

IF you find bugs with a GPU (and by turning it off, the issue goes away and that's a GPU bug), you need to attempt to update that GPU. The reason you have an option to turn OFF GPU is because there are so many of them and they can't all be tested and many on Windows have severe bugs. Your options are, turn it off (and run slower), get it updated if possible, replace the GPU. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the really quick reply.

I use Windows 10 Enterprise, version 20H2.

Intel Core i7-3820 CPU, 3.60GHz 4.00 GHz, RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit

I have an Eizo FS2333 monitor and the graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670, driver vers. 452.06, all up to date. The graphic card is one tested by Adobe. I wouldn’t have a problem buying a new one, when the problem is then fixed. But everything was ok till version 20.0.9. If I had a warning, I just wouldn’t have updated.

I need a grid with 30 px for some work. When I don’t need the grid, naturally I turn it off and everything is fine.

Here you can see that a lot of people have the same problem, maybe they explained it in better English.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/this-new-grid-any-way-to-revert-it?topic-repl...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The graphic card is one tested by Adobe."

Well if you say so, it appears to be the problem since you tell us turning it off fixes the issue. Has nothing to do with the Eizo. 

It's well know again, that some GPU's are problemtic. Adobe may be able to address this or an update to the 'driver' might but at this point, the only fix is to use it on and see the ugly overlay OR turn it off when you don't want to see it. 

Did you update the new build for Photoshop that came out, I think yesterday? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If I had a warning, I just wouldn’t have updated."

You can also downgrade. In the CC application, click on the ... dots and select "Other Version". 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is not the UGLY overlay, but that I can't move layers, they just jump, to zoom it takes quite a while to react and then it jumps around.

I updated yesterday, as I was hoping the problem, which a lot of other user also have, might be solved. I will downgrade again, didn't know that was possible, thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its a performance issue that can be eliminated by turning the grid off or disabling the GPU Adobe should look into the performance issue I have seen that issue myself.  As for the ugly display grid at the scale the grid is not useful they are just in the way. For me the grid is not an issue.

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently on Photoshop CC 2020 21.2.2. Currently clicking on "View/Show/Grid" and start zooming in/out, rotating canvas, it tremendously slows PS down to a point it stutters!!! My workstation is definitely more capable of running multiple programs (both 3D & 2D) at the same time, even with dedicated graphic card. And I have never had this issue before. So it is from Adobe's side that this bug happens. My graphic card NVDIA GTX 1070, driver up to date

I’m just wondering, is this an official site from Adobe and does anybody from Adobe follow these problems, or are you all private people from the community with experience. How can I get in touch with Adobe?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had exactly the same problem ... it slows that much down that it was not possible to work really with it and felt llike I am back in the 90s with photoshop ..... after a LONG session with support we came to the conclusion to install V21.1.3 .... all fine with that version and computer feels 50x faster again 🙂 ... now I am scared to update 🙂 and will stay on this version for a while .... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an official user to user forum hosted by Adobe. You are communicating with other users. Period.

To file a bug or feature request:

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
imesche LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah .. here the "AI" goes .. lol 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0