• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Group of Swatches to Color Library Book?

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi --

I am wondering if it is possible to convert a swatch exchange file to a color library.

Here is the reason - I am trying to match colors to Benjamin Moore paints. I can download all the Benjamin Moore colors as swatches and import them into Photoshop.

However, I would like to be able to pick a color from an image (with the eyedropper) and then find the closest matching Benjamin Moore color. However, Photoshop only appears to support this with the built in color libraries like Pantone, Troyo, Trumatch, etc. There is not any way to do this with swatches as far as I can tell.

Is there a way to accomplish my goal?

Thanks

Rich

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RWMORE,

Please refer the below tutorial and check if it helps you.

Customize Photoshop color pickers and swatches

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to use their matching system since they do not make color books like Pantone, and only vendors can make color books. So you could approach BM first and ask about it.

Find Your Color | Benjamin Moore

More on this subject.

How do I match paint to PANTONE colors?

PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM colors, which are produced with printing ink on paper, can be challenging to match in paints. If you bring a sample of a PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM color, i.e., PANTONE 185 C for example, to a paint vendor and they try to measure the color, the light source used will penetrate the ink film and reflect from the substrate, which leads to inaccurate color matching. It is probably easiest to visually compare the sample to a paint chart under controlled lighting and choose the closest applicable color.

The PANTONE FASHION HOME + INTERIORS paper-based products are produced with nitrocellulose coating on paper, which is the same process used to develop paint charts. If you have the PANTONE FASHION HOME + INTERIORS Color Guide, or a sample chip from the PANTONE FASHION HOME + INTERIORS Color Specifier, your paint vendor should be able to successfully computer-match the color with a high degree of accuracy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that link, especially for adding the name of that post. Since adobe updated the forum all old links are broken. 

Im still mind boggled that after so many months they haven't fixed this yet. Same as with the search function this forum also broken. But that can be fixed by adjusting the address in the top path. Set it to "advanced=true" and you will have normal search function again.

Anyways, here's the fixed link that that ACB Color Book post
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/creating-acb-color-book-file-from-aco-swatches-file/m-p/110...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a direct link to an article. I just tried it and works like a charm. It uses a JSON file in which you add you swatches, than runs a script using Photoshop and the it outputs an ACB file 🙂

http://www.tonton-pixel.com/scripts/utility-scripts/generate-color-book-file/

Tested it and it works flawless!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines