Highlighted

Grouped Layers Suddenly Disappear When Moving the Grouped Layer

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone,

I've been experiencing this problem since the last Photoshop update. I have version 21.2.2 installed.

Anytime I move grouped layers inside folders in the layers panel, the entire group disappears or in some cases glitches out.  My temporary fix is toggle the show and hide option for the group.  Super annoying to deal with anytime I move a grouped layer, and it has negatively affected my workflow.

To make it easier for you to see the problem, you may view the following video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b6oCBK8ziI

My system specs are as follows:

Processor: 4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory: 32 GB DDR3

Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 4 GB

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!  Thanks, y'all!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Grouped Layers Suddenly Disappear When Moving the Grouped Layer

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone,

I've been experiencing this problem since the last Photoshop update. I have version 21.2.2 installed.

Anytime I move grouped layers inside folders in the layers panel, the entire group disappears or in some cases glitches out.  My temporary fix is toggle the show and hide option for the group.  Super annoying to deal with anytime I move a grouped layer, and it has negatively affected my workflow.

To make it easier for you to see the problem, you may view the following video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b6oCBK8ziI

My system specs are as follows:

Processor: 4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory: 32 GB DDR3

Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 4 GB

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!  Thanks, y'all!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 01, 2020 2
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Almost the same graphics card radeon r9 390x 8gb, but on windows 10. Thanks for showing toggle option, Jeffrey! I thought I'm losing my mind. Can't wait for solution.

Cheers,
Jack C.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply!  I turned off that option and restarted Photoshop, but unfortunately the issue persists.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I am using Mac mini with Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB. I ended up reversed my Photoshop to the last version (20.0.10) and it works fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes, if not done allready, an update of graphics card can help (driver update,...)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please update new version and graphic card driverUntitled-1.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0