Grouped Layers Suddenly Disappear When Moving the Grouped Layer

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone,

I've been experiencing this problem since the last Photoshop update. I have version 21.2.2 installed.

Anytime I move grouped layers inside folders in the layers panel, the entire group disappears or in some cases glitches out.  My temporary fix is toggle the show and hide option for the group.  Super annoying to deal with anytime I move a grouped layer, and it has negatively affected my workflow.

To make it easier for you to see the problem, you may view the following video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b6oCBK8ziI

My system specs are as follows:

Processor: 4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory: 32 GB DDR3

Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 4 GB

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!  Thanks, y'all!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Almost the same graphics card radeon r9 390x 8gb, but on windows 10. Thanks for showing toggle option, Jeffrey! I thought I'm losing my mind. Can't wait for solution.

Cheers,
Jack C.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply!  I turned off that option and restarted Photoshop, but unfortunately the issue persists.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I am using Mac mini with Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB. I ended up reversed my Photoshop to the last version (20.0.10) and it works fine.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes, if not done allready, an update of graphics card can help (driver update,...)

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please update new version and graphic card driverUntitled-1.jpg

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
To solve this problem, just install the new version of Photoshop and restart your computer once
I also had this problem when I was taking photos of my personal site, which was fixed with the Photoshop update.

https://seyedalibagheri.com/

visit my site: https://seyedalibagheri.com/

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated to latest version and I'm still having this issue.

how about you OP?

Very annoying glitch this one.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered two work arounds that make this bug go away (for the moment):

1. If you select multiple layers plus "Free Transform" and move, the layers will not disappear.
  2. If you select multiple layers while view your canvas at 66.7% and above, the layers will not disappear.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any new solution to this?

D

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version are you using? 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been monitoring this issue for months in hopes the software we're all paying for gets fixed.

I just updated to 22.1.1, on Windows, and this major redraw bug still persists.

Doesn't matter if the "Use Graphics Processor" option in prefs is checked or not.

This issue renders the current version of Photoshop unusable for me. To get work done, I use 20.0.10.

The issue:

In certain common scenarios while simply moving multiple raster layers together with the Move Tool, those layers can completely or partially "disappear" - Photoshop decides to not draw them.

To reproduce the issue:

--Select multiple raster layers that are adjacent in the canvas and "alone" in the layer stack. (I know this sounds ambiguous - see video demo below.) Doesn't matter if they're in a layer group.

--Zoom out to 50% or further.

--Move selected layers with Move Tool.

--Layers (in some cases) may stop being drawn correctly and user must make a change or alter zoom level in order to see them again.

4 minute recording of issue occurring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz4iNM05HdY

Notice the zoom level and actions taken and what results you see on the canvas.

Photoshop's redraw/caching operations have gone horribly awry in certain cases. Similar to layer styles changing in appearance per your zoom level (yet another bug that remains unfixed).

All "workarounds" posted are not workarounds at all - they're massive workflow compromises and are not remotely acceptable for any serious, paying Adobe customer who needs Photoshop to function as expected in order to get work done.

Wouldn't it be nice if Photoshop functioned as well as the recent, pretentiously gimmicky, overly-idealized Adobe Cloud ad compaigns suggest it does?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce the issue so far but have you posted a report over on 

Photoshop Family

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem and nothing is helping. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines