Highlighted

[GSYNC] Adobe programs affect refresh rate

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey lads,

I have an nvidia graphics card and a gsync screen. Adobe Photoshop CC and all other Adobe programs, for that matter, somehow trigger Gsync.

Whenever I launch an Adobe programme and perform a simple action like dragging an image in Photoshop, Illustrator or a video in Premiere, the refresh rate starts jumping around from 165 all the way to 17 and back. As soon as I stop the action I was performing, my refresh rate jumps back to its default (which is 165 in my case).

All my drivers, obviously including my graphics card's drivers, are up to date.

I have an Asus Gsync screen and an nvidia 2070 Super, but this problem also occurred on my previous graphics card.

Somehow Adobe software triggers the variable refresh rate, which should only be the case in video games.

Does anyone know of a fix, besides disabling Gsync every time?

Thanks!

Last Adobe updates (to 2020 versions) seem to have fixed the issue.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

[GSYNC] Adobe programs affect refresh rate

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey lads,

I have an nvidia graphics card and a gsync screen. Adobe Photoshop CC and all other Adobe programs, for that matter, somehow trigger Gsync.

Whenever I launch an Adobe programme and perform a simple action like dragging an image in Photoshop, Illustrator or a video in Premiere, the refresh rate starts jumping around from 165 all the way to 17 and back. As soon as I stop the action I was performing, my refresh rate jumps back to its default (which is 165 in my case).

All my drivers, obviously including my graphics card's drivers, are up to date.

I have an Asus Gsync screen and an nvidia 2070 Super, but this problem also occurred on my previous graphics card.

Somehow Adobe software triggers the variable refresh rate, which should only be the case in video games.

Does anyone know of a fix, besides disabling Gsync every time?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 06, 2019 2
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one? Seriously?

Are there any Adobe customer service people available?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 2
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

i have the same Problem since updating my GPU from GTX 980ti to RTX 2070 Super.
FPS drops low to 17, struggeling around 50ths and coming back to 120 after doing not more action in adobe creative products.

Looking for a solution, but cant find this problem at the internet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2019 2
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem; upgraded from a 980ti to a 2070 super as well!

At the moment it's impossible to use any Adobe program with gsync enabled.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2019 3
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am havig the exact same issue with Lightroom and Photoshop!

I have an RTX 2080 Ti with a 165hz refresh rate G-Sync monitor.

The program never ceases to drop the refresh rate to an abismol level for no reason when using certain functions within the program and sometimes the low refresh rate is continuous until I close the program.

i9-9900k Processor as well.

All up to date drivers.

This is very annoying because I am forced to use a monitor with a refresh rate of 60hz to be able to even use the program effectively.  This needs to be fixed!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 2
New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The seam issue.
You can try to reduce your refresh rate to 60 and that solve, partially the problem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Problem seems to be done for me. 

Nvidia released driver v441.20 today, after this everything works smooth again at full 120hz withhout any drops.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 1
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2019 1
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my 2080TI and updates don't help. 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 1
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved my problem by turning off G-Sync for Adobe Apps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 2
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you turn this off? The photoshop clitching is relentless.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 0
Participant ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3d-profiles in Nvidia Control Panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem ever since installing Adobe Audition. Now with the 2020 update all my Adobe apps continually dip framerate whenever I'm performing an action. After hours of troubleshooting I have finally come across this thread and my god am I happy. As someone else mentioned, turning G-Sync to "fixed refresh rate" in the Nvidia control panel for all Adobe apps fixed my issue.

Adobe needs to fix this now. Small bugs like this waste hours of productivity.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2020 0
Participant ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Somehow Adobe software triggers the variable refresh rate, which should only be the case in video games."

No, no and no! Photoshop is using OpenGL and Nvidia finally implemented OpenGL windowed G-Sync! It is great. And all problems are because of Adobe devs. You can simply turn off G-sync for ONLY Photoshop in nvidia control panel. Also here I discussed it.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/g-sync-is-now-working-in-photoshop-with-latest-nvidia-drive...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the heck is going on?

I have used Adobe products on the same hardware, using the same GSync display, for literally YEARS. GSync has been enabled since 2014 guys, and has had precizely zero problems until updating to the current Adobe product line. 

raised eyebrows

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Participant ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gsync is Opengl started working only in 2019. And yes, photoshop uses Opengl.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What?

I have been using the same Gsync display, with Gsync enabled, on the same hardware, since 2014. It wasn't until I updated to CC 2020 earlier this week that this has become an issue. First I've ever encountered it, but I am certain that it functioned since 2014, and I use Photoshop almost daily.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Participant ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, OpenGL did not have VRR extensions in the driver to give it to G-sync. You updated Nvidia driver it has nothing to do with Photoshop. See my post, https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/g-sync-is-now-working-in-photoshop-with-latest-nvidia-drive...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0