• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Guides are slowing performance down to a crawl!!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guides are slowing performance down to a crawl!! A lot of my docs are almost unusable right now when guides are on! 

Latest PS CC update.

macbook pro (15-inch, 2019)

Processor 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Memory 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Graphics Radeon Pro 555X 4GBIntel UHD Graphics 630 1536MB

macOS Catalina (10.15.6)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So turn the off CMD+' the problem I believe has been reported to Adobe.  Check on their Feedback site if this problems has not been reported please report it.  I have seem others report Grid cause performance problems in this user forum. Adobe site photoshop_family 

First make sure you do not have Use Legacy Compositing Checked in your Photoshop Preferences performance section there is Problem in that feature it no longer work correctly has performance issues.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so your solution is to turn off my guides? thanks, never thought of that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  High end PC / 32gb RAM / 4GB ram Nvidia Video Card.

Fiddling with Legacy compositing (on / off, doesn't matter) doesn't change the EXTREME amount of lag.

I ended up turning off GPU performance in the settings, and it helps a bit, but the zooming causes screen tearing and is just generally unpleasant.

Is there any way I can bill Adobe for the extra time it's taking me to finish my work?  I certainly can't charge my client extra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, zooming in and out is also very clunky and slow, I really don't understand how they can just push updates out that are this broken. I agree I'd like to send them a bill for the extra time it's taking me. I feel like I'm using a 10 year old computer with crappy hardware!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure the problem you are having get reported to Adobe. They may want to look at your setup.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines