• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Guides saved in template don't appear when loading after new update

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have templates saved with guides in place for various periodicals that our company advertises with. After the last update, when I open those files, the guides are missing. However, if I go to View - New Guide Layout and let the new default guides show up, then cancel before making changes, the guides I had saved in the template suddenly appear. Is this a bug that anyone else has experienced? Is there a way I can save the templates or some sort of work around where I don't have to start the New Guide Layout an cancel to get my old guides to show up?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen a problem like that on windows 10 with PS 22.2 file saved with guide open with the guide line, even jpeg files.  Try Ctrt+H make sure nothing is toggling extras off.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried CTRL-H and toggling it doesn't do anything. The only way I can get them to show back up is to open New Guide Layout and cancel it. I'm very puzzled by this, too. It only started happening yesterday, not immediately after updating photoshop. Nobody else in the office is having the same problem, either. It's very odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Save you current Preferences then have Photoshop reset your preferences. See it that clears up your issue.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Incog0D4C 

In addition:

• Hide/Show Extras (Cmd+H) will Hide/Show everything that is currently checked in the Show menu underneath it. Look in the Show menu to see if Guides is checked; then and only then enable Show Extras.
  • Cmd+; (Command+Semi-colon) is the shortcut to toggle just the guides. (Ctrl for Windows).

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines