Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Half Red, Half White

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everybody,

I have a Photoshop drawing that ive done just using the included brushes and tools.

It's all in white. What id like to do is colour half of the drawing in red and leave the other half in white. (Horizontaly). In After effects i would create an adjustment layer and do it that way. But in Photoshop i've no idea.

Can anyone help on how to do this please?

Regards

Dave

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

If I'm understanding you correctly:

Make the desired selection using any of the selection tools.

While holding down Alt, right-click and hold the adjustments layer button on the Layers panel. Mouse over "Solid Color" and release.

1.png

Change the "Mode" to "Color". If you need to clip this to the immediate layer below, use the "Use Previous Layer to Create a Clipping Mask" option. Click OK.

2.png

If you need to change the color at any point, double-click the layer thumbnail. If you need to adjust the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm understanding you correctly:

Make the desired selection using any of the selection tools.

While holding down Alt, right-click and hold the adjustments layer button on the Layers panel. Mouse over "Solid Color" and release.

1.png

Change the "Mode" to "Color". If you need to clip this to the immediate layer below, use the "Use Previous Layer to Create a Clipping Mask" option. Click OK.

2.png

If you need to change the color at any point, double-click the layer thumbnail. If you need to adjust the mask, use the Brush Tool (or similar tool) and paint on the adjustment layer's mask.

3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Warunicorn demonstrated, it's the same process in PS.You can use a Solid Color Adjustment layer with a layer mask.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi c pfaffenbichler Here's a screenshot of what i'm trying to achieve.

This logo was done for a friends business, but never done on a scale that looks good for an intro to a video i'm doing so i thought id make it larger. It is the size of an icon hence the poor quality.

Screen 2.PNG

Warunicorn, tried that and either all of the circles turn red. Dunno if  i'm doing that right.
melissapiccone, That sounds like something i would do in After Effects... (Bit rusty in that also)
As you can all see i'm a little novice at Photoshop lol

I've probably gone about it all wrong. But loving the help guys.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drop all the elements into one group and apply Clipping Masked Solid Color Layers to that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flatten the lot and them apply clipping mask?

My apologies, i'm so not good with this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I said nothing of flattening them, I recommended putting them in one Group together. 

Then Clipping Mask the Color Layers to the Group, which can contain however many Layers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Select the layers, Layers>New>Group from layers. (or a right-click in the layers panel) or Ctrl+G.

Then put the adjustment layer, as described by Warunicorn, on top of the group and Alt+click between them, so that it will only affect the contents of the groups, (and not the circles).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you guys all done. Bit of a learning curve for a newbi, but got there in the end.

Thank you everybody 

👌🏻👍🏻
regards

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, you should tag the posts that help you as correct answers, so that users will find the solution if they have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do with few steps.

1st: Merge your layers

2nd: Select the area as much as you like to paint with selection tool

3rd: and color with Alt+Shift+Backspace

Thanks

Work Gloves Wholesale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines