Highlighted

Hand Tool / fit screen

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm on the latest version of Photoshop and 'double-clicking' the Hand Tool no longer makes my image 'fit screen' as it has in every previous version I've ever used. I know there are other methods I could use but this has always been my favoured route.

Has Adobe got rid of this feature or is there a setting I have missed? I have tried re-setting my tools already.

Regards

phil_092

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Hand Tool / fit screen

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm on the latest version of Photoshop and 'double-clicking' the Hand Tool no longer makes my image 'fit screen' as it has in every previous version I've ever used. I know there are other methods I could use but this has always been my favoured route.

Has Adobe got rid of this feature or is there a setting I have missed? I have tried re-setting my tools already.

Regards

phil_092

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset preferences:

edit -> preference -> general     click on reset preferences on quit, then restart photoshop

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good advice but you should warn people they risk losing their self-made actions if they did not save them to disk...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your advice but unfortunately it didn't work.

Phil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this answer still here. It's actually really bad advice.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem but found, through trial and error, that you can double-right-click the hand icon instead!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines