• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hand Tool Image goes off screen/ doesn't stay on screen

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know exactly how to explain this (or look it up) other than: When I try to move the image with the Hand Tool, or use the space bar (Hand Tool shortcut), the image jumps off screen. 

I also have the older PS 5 and it works fine. With the new CC 2020, for some reason, it doesn't stay on screen. I can inch it up, but that's really annoying. 

Is there some setting I'm missing in order to fix this?  I've tried practically all of the settings I've found, and it keeps doing it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using more then one display.   I do and when  the hand move to my other displays the image in the image window continues to pan. I edit in Floating widows normally. However, Tab editing seen the work the same way.  When the image is zoomed so it fits in the display panning is not possible for I do not use overscroll  or flick panning.  Still they seem to work OK in 21.1.1.  The Hand does not move off the left side of left display or the right side of my right display. I do not see the snapping down and right I see in you video on my Windows 10  PS 2020 version 21.1.1 workstation. Are you using Window 10 and its up to date or Windows 7 ?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to ver. 21  and the problem seems to be resolved. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this as well, since updating to the latest version (21.2.0). I'm currently on dual monitors and it doesn't matter which screen it's on. Makes the tool impossible to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting it as well, definitely a bug.

Productivity is down to 20% not being able to pan/zoom properly. Yeeesh hope it's fixed soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue on my Windows laptop. I was able to mitigate the problem by plugging in my Wacom drawing tablet and using the pan tool with that. In fact, after I used the tablet to pan, it immediatly started working properly with all input devices, including the trackpad. This holds even after subsequently disconnecting the tablet.

I haven't investigated further, but it seems like some kind of input device driver conflict. I'm not convinced Wacom is the culprit (or tablets in general), though it could be. It could also just be changing devices resets something in PS?

Very annoying, even with a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. It works temporarily for me after restarting Photoshop, but only a few times. I've had to revert to an older install. Definitely not ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here - using the mouse with pan tool (hand) has the image snap to randomly the right - even if it was intended to move left. Function is entirely unusable in that state. Using my Huion tablet then corrects the problem (tested one time only)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on an older version now (21.1.0). Here's an example of pretty much worst case scenario, where I'm in the colour picker, and not only is it panning my screen around for some reason everytime I click with the eyedropper, but it won't let me choose the right colour.

https://i.gyazo.com/b8a273c601018a629559fb8cc9518466.mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Nobody from Adobe cares, obviously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several threads on this snapping effect have been posted.  You may want to check if a bug report has been reported to Adobe on their feedback site. See if Adobe has started to work on it. Photoshop Family 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to add a voice in here.  Same problem, and I also am working on a Cintiq as a second display.

Another thread mentioned some kind of inter-relationship to Windows Ink, but I am awaiting clarification on if there is anything definitive on that front.  Thanks, everyone, for contributing your thoughts and experiences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually trying it right now on the lastest PS 2020, and it seems to be fixed. I can't replicate the problem, so maybe it's worked out?

Although, I feel like it just happened a day or two ago. Maybe it was a resource issue?

Or maybe it's fixed. I'll see. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Upgraded to latest Photoshop, checked monitor scaling down to 125%, changed my gaming mouse polling rate to 100.

After a couple of hours finally removed my PSUserConfig file I had setup for my Wacom tablet which had Use WinTab.

Looks like I can pan scroll again without it flicking or snapping to a corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines