• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hand Tool Issues

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently running the latest version of Photoshop CC on my PC. When I use the space bar shortcut to move across the canvas it'll drop me in some random part of the canvas. I'll try this a couple more times and then the hand tool will just stop working. I'll then have to resart the program and it'll go back to normal.

Is this a memory issue? An update issue? Anyone else having this problem?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like resetting preferences worked but it tends to happen after I've been working for some time so I'll let you know either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restoring preferences worked and then an update happened. I think it might have been a corrupted update but it works perfectly now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It started happening again. I usually work in fullscreen mode so I got out of it to see what's going on and this is what my window looks like.Help.jpg

Notice how the corner becomes a white square and the data on the bottom left disappears. Any idea what this could be? Every time I use SPACE BAR it'll snap to the left hand side of my canvas and then eventually it just stops working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines