• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hand Tool won't work in Photoshop 2020 with spacebar

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop 2020,  when zoomed in and using the Lasso tool and wishing to engage the Hand tool (by pressing the spacebar) the Hand tool doesn't work.

Here is some addtional information that may be relevant.

I  have both Photoshop 2020  and Photoshop cc 2019 installed on my computer (Windows 10).  The  Hand tool works fine with Photoshop cc 2019.  

..If I open Photoshop by clicking on a file (rather than opening Photoshop first), a JPEG file always will open with Photoshop 2020, even when I select  Photoshop cc 2019.

..In Photoshop cc 2019 the hand tool works with the lasso plus spacebar regardless of what other apps are open.  With Photoshop 2020, it doesn't work with the lasso tool plus spacebar under any circumstances.

I realize that the short term solution may be "use Photoshop cc 2019",  but I am wanting to get this fixed realizing that about a year from now "Photoshop cc 2019" may not be available to me.

Hope you can help

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Which 2020 version are you using I dropped back to version 21.0.3  I had major problems with 21.1.0. If you have a Wacom Pen I would advise you to use 21.0.3

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it might be. Sometimes it stops working, then I restart and it works, and sometimes the restart doesn't help much. I see a new update on drivers now... gotta try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hand Tool returns!
Regarding Convergnt's comment below about Photoshop preferences, I unchecked the box which I've highlighted in red, and now I have the hand tool back! I'm running Adobe Cloud Photoshop 22.1.1 on Catalina 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried that, but it doesn't work for me. Incidentally, my spacebar hand tool does work in Affinity Photo (a software I sometimes use, which is quite similar to Photoshop though less powerful/advanced). So this is a photoshop problem, not a Windows or Mac related one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hand tool stopped working and I tried set the shorcut from H to spacebar and PS wouldn't let me. Why aren't you Adobe trying to fix the issue? It is such an integreal part of my workflow day to day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica.

Have you tried reverting back to version 21.0.3 as suggested earlier to troubleshoot this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. My oldest version I can go back to is 21.2.6 so it doesn't help me much. But really appreciate the help 😃
/Jessica

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, worth a try...
Go into preferences, and within Graphics Processor settings, click 'advanced settings' then within the check boxes, uncheck the box that says 'use native operating system GPU acceleration'. 
I found the hand tool returned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it but no luck. Thanks for your input 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had to enable 'Use OpenCL' on my M1 Apple MBP, nothing else worked for me.

JanVerbeke_0-1630577963344.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue just recently. I think it might be a setting in Zoom > Preferences > Audio that I recently enabled that allows Zoom to take over the Spacebar. Even after quitting Zoom, the spacebar seems to be unavailable to Adobe apps. Restarting the Mac corrected it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the late response. A driver update in the wacom Desktop center did it for me (I'm using a Mac with a 22" Cintiq monitor).

- n8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines