Highlighted

Handles On Crop Tool

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, can anyone advise how to change (what I think are) the annoying thick/fat handles and corners on the crop tool post the 2020 update ? I've posted a picture below of what I mean.

Capture Crop Handles.JPG

What I'm referring to is the fact that the thick handles/corners mean you can't make fine adjustments less than the thickness of the handles when using the corner or middle of the four sides as your refernce for the crop.

Many thanks in advance

Stuart

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Handles On Crop Tool

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, can anyone advise how to change (what I think are) the annoying thick/fat handles and corners on the crop tool post the 2020 update ? I've posted a picture below of what I mean.

Capture Crop Handles.JPG

What I'm referring to is the fact that the thick handles/corners mean you can't make fine adjustments less than the thickness of the handles when using the corner or middle of the four sides as your refernce for the crop.

Many thanks in advance

Stuart

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 12, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the rectangular selection tool instead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 1
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob, thanks for your suggestion but I'm at a complete loss how using the rectangular selction tool allows me to crop the whole file (all layers etc) in the same the Crop tool would ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 0
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make the selection, select  > inverse, and delete.

Are you using Photoshop or Photoshop Elements?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 1
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Photoshop 22; that has just been released today, does have fix the large crop handles as seen in its fixed issues list https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues 

I recommend to install it while keeping the older version installed, as explained in: https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

If you are not seeing it, go to help>check for updates in your CC application.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0