Highlighted

Hands-on tutorial not working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own a MAC with Mac Big Sur installed and today the Hands-on tutorial is not working. I got the following message when the Start Tutorial button is entered: "Couldn't open tutorial". It happenes with all the tutorials. I am online with internet access.

Jane, It seems the problem occured due to the VPN that was connected. When the VPN was disable the online tutorial worked perfect. Thank you for the reply.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Hands-on tutorial not working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own a MAC with Mac Big Sur installed and today the Hands-on tutorial is not working. I got the following message when the Start Tutorial button is entered: "Couldn't open tutorial". It happenes with all the tutorials. I am online with internet access.

Jane, It seems the problem occured due to the VPN that was connected. When the VPN was disable the online tutorial worked perfect. Thank you for the reply.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you signed in to your account with the Creative Cloud desktop app? Is the Creative Cloud app and Photoshop up to date?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did. I signed to my account in the Creative Cloud desktop app and the Creative Cloud app and Photoshop both are indeed up to date.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send us a link to the tutorial? Is it from Adobe or someone else?

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hands on tutorials are new to Photoshop. They are found in the Help menu. When you choose a hands on tutorial it is supposed to download an image from the cloud, then step you through the process.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theresa, thank you for the reply. I tried in the Help Menu - Hands on Tutorials... and after entered one of the tutorial got the message "couldn't open tutorial". I tried others tutorials and got the same message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the problem occured due to the VPN that was connected. When the VPN was disable the online tutorial worked perfect. Thank you for the reply.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The online tutorial is actually inside the Adobe Photoshop app in the MAC desktop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 1
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense.VPN can cause that kind of network issue. Thanks for letting us know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 1
jane-e LATEST
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for coming back to report the solution, @eduardop1959 . This will be helpful to others who search the forums! 😊

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 1