Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hardware...

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Im pretty beginer with hardware and laptop...

A friend need to use "photoshop and indesign" .

But we really dont know what type of laptop is good.

We wind this :

Aspire 5 Pro - A517-51GP-571W 17,3" / Intel Core i5-8250U / 8 Go RAM / 128 Go SSD + 1 To HDD / nVidia GeForce MX150 / Win 10 Pro 64

Is that enough?

😕 thanks you for help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Hi

It depends on what you plan to do with Photoshop and InDesign.

The minimum system requirements are in the links below - 8GB of RAM is above the minimum but below the recommended size of 16GB for InDesign.:

Photoshop system requirements

InDesign system requirements

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

While a 1TB drive for image files is fine, a system SSD of only 128GB is a problem waiting to happen.

The user account, which is always on the C drive, is separate from the program files. It contains caches, previews, user settings of all kinds. This is never removed, even with an uninstall, and it can accumulate to unbelievable sizes pretty quickly. Bridge caches alone can be tens of GB per version - even old and uninstalled ones.

Photoshop needs a lot of free disk space for the scratch disk. Thi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It depends on what you plan to do with Photoshop and InDesign.

The minimum system requirements are in the links below - 8GB of RAM is above the minimum but below the recommended size of 16GB for InDesign.:

Photoshop system requirements

InDesign system requirements

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While a 1TB drive for image files is fine, a system SSD of only 128GB is a problem waiting to happen.

The user account, which is always on the C drive, is separate from the program files. It contains caches, previews, user settings of all kinds. This is never removed, even with an uninstall, and it can accumulate to unbelievable sizes pretty quickly. Bridge caches alone can be tens of GB per version - even old and uninstalled ones.

Photoshop needs a lot of free disk space for the scratch disk. This goes to the system drive by default, and with an SSD this will always give the best performance. You can put it on the spinning drive, but that's orders of magnitude slower.

It'll work for a while, and then you get the dreaded "out of disk space" messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would make sure the pc/laptop you choose has good processing power - i5 and up cpu.

I have fould that ssd hard drives range in read and write speeds.. perhaps compare the laptops you are interested ssd specs to each other to see where the best value for money is. the ssd speed will bring out the full potential of the machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also concider these speeds when comparing exsternal hard drives to work if you are not going to use your laptop to edit and save work on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As other's have said,  it depends on what you need it for.  I've ran with 8GB of RAM just fine.  I just recently updated to an M1 Macbook Air and the emulated version of PS works better than it did on my Intel Macbook Pro and the Public Beta they have for the Native version is insane.  Granted,  My main use is Illustration/Graphic Design.  If you're using it for heavy duty RAW photoediting,   you might need more RAM 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you realise you're replying to a thread that's nearly a year old

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines