Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Harry Potter Background

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all

I am working on a project and would love to find a background very similar to this one.  Does anyone know what I could google to find an image of this background?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Adobe Paper Textures Pro.  A free Extension (Window > Browse Extensions online)

The distressed edge was done by stroking a path with a rough shaped brush that had size, angle and scatter jitter.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can start with the Brown Antique Paper here:

‘paper’ at PSDGraphics, Page 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  What I am struggling with is what type of effect gives the paper that aged look.  Is that a cloud effect along with some levels adjustments or maybe even reducing the saturation of the color?  For the border, I assume they used a layer mask with a grunge image to create the border. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. You posted your question in the non-technical Lounge forum, which is where you can connect with your peers for conversations that don't directly relate to product help and support.

I’ll move your question to the Photoshop forum so that you can get the answer you are looking for.

~Barb

P.S. For a list of all available product forums, see https://forums.adobe.com/welcome/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Paper Textures Pro.  A free Extension (Window > Browse Extensions online)

The distressed edge was done by stroking a path with a rough shaped brush that had size, angle and scatter jitter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the post.  I am having a lot of difficulty getting the Adobe Paper Textures Pro working.  I have downloaded the Add-ons called "Adobe Exchange Assets" and "Adobe Paper Textures Pro" which I can see from my Adobe account online but I can not see them in PhotoShop.  I am looking on the right hand side in the Libaries tab but I do not see it and I am looking under the Window menu option.   

As for the brush you shared, what type of brush is that?  I do not have that shape in my library.

I do apologize for all the questions.  I have been using Photoshop for a number of years but I am new to the Creative Cloud.  I did purchase the 1 year subscription and have the desktop app along with being signed in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should find the Paper Textures Pro under Window>Extensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines