Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have the wacom stylus behave like a mouse with full on opacity

Engaged ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

This isn't a question where the answer is obvious like: of course the wacom stylus is going to react differently because it has pressure levels than a mouse. My question is about when Im creating brushes that the brush looks different when im using a mouse versus a wacom pen. I like the way the brush looks when I use the mouse to paint with it because it has a full on opacity and you can see the texture better. When I paint with the same brush with a wacom stylus however, the texture looks different and it doesn't have the same appearance as when using a mouse. I know this has to do with the pressure levels of the pen but how can I get the brush to react basically the same way between the wacom pen and the mouse?

There are some painting styles where you want that full on opacity and flow and thats what the mouse gives me but obviously I dont have as much control with it. I tried messing around with the flow and opacity settings with the brush and wacom pen but I'm wondering what settings does photoshop use when painting with the mouse? Is it full on everything all the time?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which of the Brush’s features are set to »Pen Pressure« (Color Dynamics, Transfer, …)? 

Please post screenshots of the Brush Settings Panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In other words you create a bursh, or a Brush preset that does not use Wacon Pen presure to control dynamics like opacity, size flow.  The Pen will be mouse like. Turn Control: OFF

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines