• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having issues with the creating in 3d

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so I'm having a major issue. First I import an obj into photoshop after that I replace the texture and then I press edit texture so therefore I have a 2d and 3d tab. My issue comes in when I want to add things to the texture I can no longer control the 3d portion. For example, if I make a new layer on top of the 3d layer which would cause this new layer to be 2D then I'll place embedded an image on this 2-d layer once I play around with the 2-d layer a little and click back on the 3D layer I can no longer move the 3-D layer around all of the 3D controls disappear. Does anybody know why. I have searched and searched and I cannot figure out why this happens. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

thanks for posting the images because that helped

Does anybody know why

yes its because you have the brush tool selected... when you go back to the 3D layer change to the arrow tool instead and all your 3D guides will turn back on mate

part 2.pngTHIS IS PART 1.png

p.s, smart objects are a bad way to build 3D models in Photoshop... if you want a backup then copy the texture layer first instead of making it a smart object

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for posting the images because that helped

Does anybody know why

yes its because you have the brush tool selected... when you go back to the 3D layer change to the arrow tool instead and all your 3D guides will turn back on mate

part 2.pngTHIS IS PART 1.png

p.s, smart objects are a bad way to build 3D models in Photoshop... if you want a backup then copy the texture layer first instead of making it a smart object

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Omg, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines