Highlighted

Having multiple crashes with Rectangular Marquee Tool

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, Fletcher here with a frustrating crash that has happened about 6 times now. 

I use the rectangualr marquee tool daily, and sometimes when I make a selection or try to move the selection (not moving pixels, just the marquee) My screen will freeze and I have to restart Photoshop. Anyone else having this glitch? Any idea of what I could do to fix this?

I'm running the Photoshop CC 21.2.2 on the company Windows 7 Dell Precision T3300 (yes, it's old) with 32 GB of RAM and the ATI FirePro V graphics card. I use a Wacom Cintiq screen as a monitor/drawing board.

Capture.JPG

Not on topic, but I've been having other issues too. My pen pressure randomly stopped working for my brushes. I get an error message when trying to use scrubby zoom and the rotate tool (both of which I have used for years on the computer). 

Thank you for your help!

Fletcher

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Having multiple crashes with Rectangular Marquee Tool

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, Fletcher here with a frustrating crash that has happened about 6 times now. 

I use the rectangualr marquee tool daily, and sometimes when I make a selection or try to move the selection (not moving pixels, just the marquee) My screen will freeze and I have to restart Photoshop. Anyone else having this glitch? Any idea of what I could do to fix this?

I'm running the Photoshop CC 21.2.2 on the company Windows 7 Dell Precision T3300 (yes, it's old) with 32 GB of RAM and the ATI FirePro V graphics card. I use a Wacom Cintiq screen as a monitor/drawing board.

Capture.JPG

Not on topic, but I've been having other issues too. My pen pressure randomly stopped working for my brushes. I get an error message when trying to use scrubby zoom and the rotate tool (both of which I have used for years on the computer). 

Thank you for your help!

Fletcher

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't reproduce your issue on my Mac. From the sound of the other issues, I'm guessing it's a graphics card issue. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Fletch45 LATEST
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Melissa,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will look into it. 

Fletcher 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0