• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Having trouble with perspective warp on Photoshop 2021 (FIXED)

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use the perspective warp tool to render an image for work and when I set the border of the image I want to render, then hit enter to start warping, it disappears completely. This is extremely frustrating because I need to see the render in order to know if it looks good or not. I've tried multiple restarts and shutdowns to no avail. I'm also running the current version so it can't be that I need to update. Anyone else had the same issue happen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I understand that the preview disappears when you are trying to change perspective.   That sounds very frustrating! The Graphics processor provides the preview for Photoshop.  Please check your PS preferences under Performance, to make sure that Use Graphics Processor is checked.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That could very well be it. I'll look through my settings and see if that works. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue! So frustrating. Graphics processor was checked for me under Performance, so that isn't the issue. I am going to try to roll back to a previous version, but this is a very annoying bug. Has anyone else found a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost certainly related to the GPU issues with V22.3.1  If you absolutely need it now you'll probably need to roll back a couple of versions, as V22.3 also had GPU related issues.  From what I have seen in this forum, most of the more complex tools that use the GPU are having issues with V22.3.1  Hopefully a fix won't be too long coming.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to the previous version and it works from there, so thanks for the suggestion Trevor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the June release of Photoshop 22.4.2 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 22.4.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hasn't and it still doesn't work.  I have 2 machines with Photoshop installed and it has stopped worked in on both (iMac and Macbook Pro).    Can Adobe please tell us when this is going to be fixed?  I have tried installing older versions and the newest version and I've spent over 6 hours online with Adobe support who couldn't fix it either.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issues with the transformation tool, can't see the lines to perform precise movements. It only shows if I'm in transformation and then zoom in or out simultaneously. I believe its a rendering issue created by the last update. Can't seem to fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under prefrences, General/ Reset prefrences on quit.  Go ahead and do that knowing you will have to set them all up again, but that is another solution that corrects this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

okay thank you! I will try this.  It was working fine until April /May this year.  I'll let you know 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines