Having trouble with Photoshop CC (desktop) and Duet for the iPad

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to get into rotoscoping in Photoshop and ideally want to use my iPad Pro as a drawing tablet to do it. Pairing with the app from my desktop as a second screen works fine enough, and I'm able to select and move items using the apple pencil without any issue. In Photoshop I can select different tools and use the scroll bar etc. but for some reason I can't actually add any brushstrokes with it. I've opened MS Paint to see if this was an issue across the board but that's working without any issues - I can both select tools and actually draw with the pencil on the iPad - so the problem seems to be isolated to photoshop for some reason. Does anyone know of any solutions/a workaround? I have been considering getting Duet Pro for this but since finding out the pencil works well enough in Paint it doesn't seem to me like the kind of feature that's actually behind a paywall... 

The specifics of what I'm using:

Apple iPad Pro 9.7

Apple Pencil 1st Gen

Windows 10 64bit

Duet Display for Windows & iPad

Photoshop CC v22.3

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is an actual fix - The pencil works well enough using the Duplicate function in Duet rather than Extend which is what I was using before. Confident at this point that this is more of a Duet issue than an Adobe one, but I'll leave this thread up here in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines