Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Healing Brush & Spot Healing Brush Not Working - CC20 v21.2

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having an issue with the 2 aforementioned brushes.  They produce a blurry, smudge over the object I'm trying to fix.  I have attached a screen shot.  I am using a Windows machine. Thanks for your help.  I just realized this also happens in Lightroom's healing brush.  The clone brush is fine.Screenshot (120).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The healing brush is best used on an area that is surrounded from all sides with the surface you want. For example, a pimple in the middle of a cheek. That is because the healing brush analyzes all the area around the spot you clicked and tries to fill that area with a similar fill.

In this instance, when you're clicking on the top of the tree, the healing brush is trying to take into account the sky + the tree below your spot and merging them together to create this blur.

The stamp tool is usually the preferred tool to use in this scenario because it lets you manually choose the source by Alt+Clicking and pasting it onto the area you're trying to edit bit by bit.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  This blur would happen regardless of image.  Whether it was a pimple on someones face or the tree.  I reverted back to v2.1.3 and the problem went away.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue. Try re-setting the SH brush to its default setting. Right click SH brush icon in the Options Bar  > select reset, (to reset it to the default.)  Often when we work with brushes we change settings, and forget to reset them. Peace. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines