• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Healing brush not working properly in cc2020

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since cc2020 I've encountered issues daily (but not constantly) with the healing brush not registrating all strokes and clicks. Running it in an empty layer (set to aligned, current+below). Retouching straight on a copy of the background works fine. But it has never ever been an issue before retouching like this (cc2019 was fine as well as previous versions). Has anyone else encountered this or is it just me? Hate doing a stamp visible/copy of the background because of the file sizes in 16bit. Also really weird that it's not all the time. 

Setting it to 'all layers' doesn't work (and would still not be an option since I have layers above that I don't want to change). Turning on legacy and then off seems to help sometimes. Sticking to legacy seems to work but then I loose 'diffusion' and that can't be the soloution, right... reverting back on a new product?

Any thoughts, something I have missed?

Running macbook pro (2017 maxed out) in mojave (10.14.6), PS 21.0.3, with at wacom intous pro. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, do you have an update driver for the Wacom intuos Pro and Mojave?

Have you check this guidelines?

https://www.wacom.com/en-kr/support?guideTitle=Is-there-a-compatible-driver-for-Mac-OS-10.14-Mojave%...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes I have the latest drivers for both wacom and mojave but it seems like Photoshop for some reason had been removed from the accessability tab with the latest update of Mojave. I added that back and it seems to have fixed (fingers crossed). I'll run with it for the rest of the day and see if it's stable. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, do you have problems when using the mouse?

If you only have issues in non-legacy mode, I would post on https://feedback.photoshop.com and give as much info as you did here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't have a mouse but it is the same problem with wacom+pen and with the track pad. I added Photoshop back to the accessability tab since it had been removed from the list with the latest security update of Mojave for some reason. Hopefully this will have solved it, otherwise I'll post on the feedback page. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out that the problem remains eventhough it got better with the accessability for Photoshop. The issue only seems to appear when switching application (ps - mail/safari - ps). After that it takes a couple of switches between 'normal' and 'replace' as mode setting before it starts to work again. So better but still not good so will post to the feedback. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is when I cover an area with the healing brush, it stays covered, but does not complete the "heal". If I then "delete healing brush" the spot returns to what it was. THEN, if I "redo healing brush", the spot is "healed". Anyone got an idea about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, did you post on feedback, as suggested? a screen capture, as well as the contents of help>system info might be useful to know which version of Ps, on which hardware and operating system, version of the GPU driver, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines