• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Healing Brush use with Wacom Tablet - Brush Size stuck on Pen Pressure

Participant ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using photoshop CC19 (20.0.8) and a Wacom tablet. Using the healing brush, the size is adjusting based on pen pressure. I really don't want that. I want opacity, not brush size adjusted with pen pressure. With the brush size, there is a spot to turn off brush size to pen pressure, but as soon as I close that little window to start working on the image, the setting reverts. Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 11.05.22 AM.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are setting to do that don't turn on pen pressure to control size  and opacity and make sure the pen control icons in the brush option bar are not on. Hardness set to 100%

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use the healing brush, not the paint brush.

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 1.10.25 PM.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure the control icon is off not on like these and like you have it.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that also turns off the ability to use pen pressure for opacity as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the other pen control

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's where I first looked. I even tried "Stylus Wheel" and it reverts to Pen Pressure. Other people in the department are seeing the same things and in different versions of PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Mac or PC. On my Windows 10 workstation. Running Photoshop CC 2019 with a Wacon Intuos Pro. When I use the healing Brush. If I use the Brush Tip pull-down and set Size: Off the healing Brush Tip dose not change size with the Wacom Pen Pressure. If I set Size: Pen Pressure it does. The top half Tip size" Off bottom Tip size Pen Pressure. Are you sure your not seeing the effects of pen pressure with opacity with a soft brush tip hardness 0.  The size control icon in the tool option bar toggled size between off and pen pressure

Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.8 20191122.r.92 2019/11/22: 1208122 x64
Number of Launches: 683
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 or greater 10.0.18362.329
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:13, Stepping:7 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2, HyperThreading
Physical processor count: 12
Logical processor count: 24
Processor speed: 1995 MHz
Built-in memory: 40886 MB
Free memory: 26214 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 37449 MB

image.png

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mac 10.14.6

PS CC2019 (20.0.8)

Intuos Pro L

I figured out the answer. Everyone in the area has been able to recreate. I thought there could be separate settings of opacity and size for the healing brush, but it seems the healing brush only recognizes size with pen pressure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines