Help: Brush not working and only makes dots with pen in PS

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! I've just bought a new laptop (Lenovo Yoga C740) and I have problems with using the pen. I have checked and there is no problem using it to draw on other applications such as paint and Microsoft Word.

When I launched CS6, there are no issues with the touchpad. However, if I use the pen, I can only do stuff like dragging the shapes and pressing settings on the side panels. For functions such as brush/eraser, PS seems to only register by strokes as small dots. The painted area is also smaller than the actual brush size. I am not sure if PS thinks I'm only scratching the screen or anything.

I have tweaked the pen pressure settings and am still struggling with the problem. I saw another community post linked to this youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zg8vY2LTFU) but it doesn't seem to fix the problem for me when I try to change the pen settings.

Never had this issue with my old laptop, so I'm clueless as to how to fix the problem. Thanks for the help in advance!

(Windows 10, Lenovo Yoga C740, Photoshop CS6)

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help: Brush not working and only makes dots with pen in PS

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! I've just bought a new laptop (Lenovo Yoga C740) and I have problems with using the pen. I have checked and there is no problem using it to draw on other applications such as paint and Microsoft Word.

When I launched CS6, there are no issues with the touchpad. However, if I use the pen, I can only do stuff like dragging the shapes and pressing settings on the side panels. For functions such as brush/eraser, PS seems to only register by strokes as small dots. The painted area is also smaller than the actual brush size. I am not sure if PS thinks I'm only scratching the screen or anything.

I have tweaked the pen pressure settings and am still struggling with the problem. I saw another community post linked to this youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zg8vY2LTFU) but it doesn't seem to fix the problem for me when I try to change the pen settings.

Never had this issue with my old laptop, so I'm clueless as to how to fix the problem. Thanks for the help in advance!

(Windows 10, Lenovo Yoga C740, Photoshop CS6)

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 17, 2020 0

Have something to add?