Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP!!!!! Can't open psd file after updating to macOS 10.15.5

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stupidly upgraded from Sierra to Catalina 10.15.5

Now, I cannot open an important PDS file.  It was created last week on PSD 2017.0.1 release.

After writing this, I discovered PSD won't open at all! It was working fine yesterday.

Error message:  "Photoshop has encountered a problem with the display driver, and has

temporarily disabled enhancements which use the graphics hardware.  check the manufacturer's website

for the latest software. Graphics hardware enhancements can be enabled in the performance panel of preferences."

The only related setting I could find in the "performance panel" was "Use Graphics Processor," there was nothing called

"graphics hardware enhancements."  Needless to say, checking that did nothing.

Any help appreciated.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop on macOS Catalina. If you are still using the 2017 version of Photoshop, please update Photoshop to the latest version 21.2 through the Creative Cloud desktop app and check if that helps.

You can also go to the System Preferences of your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select Privacy tab. From the list on the left, select Accessibility and add Photoshop to the list by unlocking the window using the lock at the bottom left. Once done

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop on macOS Catalina. If you are still using the 2017 version of Photoshop, please update Photoshop to the latest version 21.2 through the Creative Cloud desktop app and check if that helps.

You can also go to the System Preferences of your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select Privacy tab. From the list on the left, select Accessibility and add Photoshop to the list by unlocking the window using the lock at the bottom left. Once done, restart the computer and check if that helps.

Please let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for getting back Nikunj.

The Systen Prefs change didn't work, but your other comment reminded me that last month, I'd gotten an Adobe email saying it was time to pay for an update.  I'd totally forgotten about it.  Funny how the destructive problems always hit at the worst time.

Thank you again for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, payment wasn't the problem.  No payment was necessary.

Maybe it is the update.  

I've avoided using creative cloud, and wish there were another way to pay for an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we're sorry about the trouble. If you are using an older version of Photoshop and have an active subscription, please update the application through the Creative Cloud. The Creative Cloud helps in keeping the applications updated and licensed.

Please let us know if updating the app helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am unable to install the new photoshop.  Now, the present photoshop won't even open.

Adobe would only tell me to give them my phone number and a time to call.

I don't put my phone number on the web for obvious reasons.

I asked if I could communicate via email.

No response.

I have been unable to use photoshop for over a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines