Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Changing background color when using eraser

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

On the image below, you can see where I erased the logo that was initially on the image. I can't figure out how to blend it so you can't see that I erased it. I've tried using the cloning tool, which helped, but didn't look perfect. Any suggestions on how to accomplish a seamless look?

Thanks in advance. 

Truck.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Comp5.jpg

Fig 1 is the image you posted. To confirm that there was minimal detail in the side of the truck the Channels were checked after making a dupe layer.

The Green channel is Fig 2. Note the detail… vertical line pattern in the side of the truck that should be maintained and/or recreated.

Fig 3 is an Alpha channel to make the lines easier to define.  Moved to the Alpha image to the Layers panel and rotated it so that the lines in the truck were vertical.

Used the rotated top layer as a refere

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't be destructive add a layer and cover the logo or dupe the layer select the logo expand the selection a pixel and try the content aware workspace menu Edit>Content Aware Fill.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JJMack Thank you for your response.

Please forgive me, I'm a novice.

Is there a tutorial that you could reference that would take me through what you're suggesting step by step?

I don't know how to add a layer to cover the logo. 

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at Adobe beginner videos to get a feel for Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Comp5.jpg

Fig 1 is the image you posted. To confirm that there was minimal detail in the side of the truck the Channels were checked after making a dupe layer.

The Green channel is Fig 2. Note the detail… vertical line pattern in the side of the truck that should be maintained and/or recreated.

Fig 3 is an Alpha channel to make the lines easier to define.  Moved to the Alpha image to the Layers panel and rotated it so that the lines in the truck were vertical.

Used the rotated top layer as a reference for rotating the full color image. Fig 4. 

The result is Fig 5.

Selected a horizontal strip of the lines shown in Fig 6 and used it with Edit > Transform > Distort to drag down the lines and include the total area to be corrected. The result is shown in Fig 7

Used the bottom layer and Difference blending mode, Fig 8 & 9 this time to return the truck to its inclined position.

Fig 10. Final image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines