• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP Colours keep changing in the image each time I click, including the grey background.

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The whole Photoshop desktop changes colours when I click on a hue toggle for example or any other random click anywhere in the image.  The background grey area also switches.  The colours don't change compltely, they just lighten or darken... which is obviously hugely problematic.  The problem is happing completely at random without any logic as far as I can tell.  Please help!

I use MAC 10.15.4 and the latest version of Photoshop, 21.1.2.

Thanks in advance,

Imogen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

what do you mean by 'changes colours when I click on a hue toggle'? please

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

If you could show us a screenshot of your Photoshop workspace with all the panels in view, that would be helpful. Is this only happening in Photoshop? To change the color of the gray around a document requires a modifier key, are you holding any keys down when you use the tool?

And just one other quesiton--have you tried resetting your preferences? Here is a link to help guide you through the process:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Let us know if that helps, and if not, give us a little more information or visuals to work with.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The background grey changes aswel as the image on the canvas.  No not holding down any buttons, just clicking.  I hope this is more clear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Imogen

what is a "hue toggle"

please add a screenshot to your reply (just that section not the whole screen)

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry, I just mean when I change the hue, but this is only an example.  The problem persists not just with the hue, but randomly and occasionally when I click something, it could be anything.  The whole colour spectrum of the background and the canvas change together getting bright or darker, kind of like it's flashing, but only when a click occurs.  I hope this is more clear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines