• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help for a real rookie!

Participant ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I look at the attached jpeg photo and my meager knowledge of the new Photoshop (my familiarity ended with 7.0) I must confess I'm stumped. I know that the image needs sharpening. I know that I need to get rid of the orange/yellowish cast, but I don't know how to approach it - especially in the RAW editor environmentof the original shot. Would some one be kind enough to at least point me in the right direction as far as tutorials, if not provide a more detailed instruction? I have a number of images from this night of shooting that I can perhaps salvage from the low light eposure and settings errors I made.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

B&A 72.pngmask.png

This solution to the color problem requires no brushwork, moves the turf color to the green seen at night games under lights (it is adjustable) and adds texture to the turf. 

It is done completely in Lab Color mode.

You will use the b curve to create the mask, the a curve to adjust the color and the Lightness curve to increase the turf texture.

> Convert the Mode to Lab Color

> Add a duplicate of the image layer

> Create the mask:

In the Channels panel make a duplicate of the b channel.(Fi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd try this tutorial: http://www.infoparrot.com/how-to-remove-a-color-cast-in-photoshop-using-camera-raw/

and this one on White Balance:

http://www.infoparrot.com/how-to-adjust-white-balance-in-photoshop/

Camera Raw's corrections are "non-destructive", they do not change the original, so you can either re-adjust or delete the changes entirely and start over again. Photoshop has "adjustment layers" which can be re-adjusted or deleted. If you are happy with the results, use File > Export > Export as... and choose "jpeg" if you need to supply a finished flattened copy for a client or website and keep the master file in backup.

This is just a simple start. Others here will have better ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! I've read about adjustment layers and a variety of other tools and conventions to make editing easier. I'll cetainly visit the tutorials you kindly provided - learning never happens without actually doing and repeating. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad that helps. Feel free to follow up if you need further assisstance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

B&A 72.pngmask.png

This solution to the color problem requires no brushwork, moves the turf color to the green seen at night games under lights (it is adjustable) and adds texture to the turf. 

It is done completely in Lab Color mode.

You will use the b curve to create the mask, the a curve to adjust the color and the Lightness curve to increase the turf texture.

> Convert the Mode to Lab Color

> Add a duplicate of the image layer

> Create the mask:

In the Channels panel make a duplicate of the b channel.(Fig 1)

Use Curves to increase the contrast as shown (Fig 2 )

Note where the turf ends, select the upper half of the image and make that black as well (Fig 3)

Add the mask to the top Image layer in the Layers panel

> Correct the color:

Choose the image in the top image layer, then choose Curves

Adjust the a curve (which controls Magenta and Green) and adjust the Lightness curve as shown

> Return to RGB mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for such a complete response! I'm sure it'll take some time to master it all, but having a clear explanation and instructions is a great start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines