• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help: How to shave off seconds when exporting images.

Contributor ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,  I export images all the time.   All the time.

I often have to wait 4- 7 seconds before the image and options show up.

I'm using a nice computer:  32G of ram.  MacBook Pro 2018.

I've made a video to show what I'm talking about.  Any suggestions are welcome.  Thank you!

Here's the video:

https://vimeo.com/554874035/57ddbb599b

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you merging/flattening your layers first? How big are the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm exporting elements from the scene.   Like the text, and then the hippo.   The file is small.  The dimensions are about 600x600px at 72dpi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. And the slow exporting time only happens when you are performing this specific action, correct?

One thing I noted is that in your video, the file is “untitled” so exporting an element from it might be slower because you don’t have the source file saved with a file name and extension in a specific place on your local system, thereby causing Photoshop to use more memory trying to access the image source which is sort of suspended (I’m probably not explaining that very well, lol). Anyway, I have had this problem before in Photoshop when working on a screenshot or opening an image file from a website or email attachment without deliberately saving it first if the file is “untitled.” Just a wild guess. Please let us know if you find a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jain.   Photoshop doens't lag on anything else, just this specific action.   The "untitled" may effect it but I'm always working from saved files.  This hippo demonstration was just an example. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Understood. Hopefully someone else here will have a solution for you soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines