• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help/Insight/advice needed - Wacom/Huion users/Any others

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing a series of problems with photoshop, with apparently no light at the end of the tunel. First, while drawing/painting, sometimes it ramdomly draws a diagonal line from right to left. It happens very inconsistly, sometimes once every twenty minutes, sometimes once every two hours, once a day, you get the idea. 

I contacted the support but nothing we tried seemed to have worked. Also, apparently unless you use Wacom devises, the suport you get is somewhat limited. Is this by any chance a Huion problem? Will it go away if I just buy a Wacom tablet??? Also, I didn't experience this problem with other softwares.

Now to top it all, a debug file is popping in my folders for no particular reason. Not to mention that sometimes, when I switch back and forth between PS and other applications, upon returning to photoshop, it kinda freezes. I can save the file and close the software, but I cant draw/erase anything. It's weird.
Anyway, let me know if any of you have experienced these issues. 
I work with the Huion HS610, here are the specs of the laptop I use
CpU i5 7200U
RAM 16 GB DDR4
GPU Nvidia 920MX 2GB
Windows 10 Home 
All drives, everything is up to date.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

I think you are trying to use your pen using Photoshop WinTab support in a version of windoes Photoshohpo where Photoshop WinTab support is broken. Photoshop version 21.1, 21.1.2 21.1.2, 21.1.3, 21.2, 21.2.1 21.2.2.  Try  Photoshop version 21.0.3 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

If all else fails try smacking your pen sharply against the palm of your hand a few times. This has worked for me, believe it or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Like Files system interfaces to read and write files.  They work on various devices SSD, Flash drives, Hard Disk Optical disk. The file systems for each device may be different. To an Application Program  at a high level interface a file is a file you create them and write and read at a file level interface. Application do not allocate spaces or control the hardware.  They use a file level API which is implemented  by the systems and device drivers.   

It could be that when device manufacture

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are trying to use your pen using Photoshop WinTab support in a version of windoes Photoshohpo where Photoshop WinTab support is broken. Photoshop version 21.1, 21.1.2 21.1.2, 21.1.3, 21.2, 21.2.1 21.2.2.  Try  Photoshop version 21.0.3 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'm going to try very 21.0.3.

On a side note, it's the first time I hear about this "wintab". I don't recall installing it. Is it something necessary? Can I get rid of it or something?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Files system interfaces to read and write files.  They work on various devices SSD, Flash drives, Hard Disk Optical disk. The file systems for each device may be different. To an Application Program  at a high level interface a file is a file you create them and write and read at a file level interface. Application do not allocate spaces or control the hardware.  They use a file level API which is implemented  by the systems and device drivers.   

It could be that when device manufacture Wacom manufacture a pen Tablet and programed a Device Driver for systems, That systems like Windows and Mac OS had no concept was a pen tablet was and had no Application Interface for using such a device It was a new kind of device.  For all I know Wacon Device driver  may have provided the Application Interfaces for Windows and Mac Systems and Adobe uses that  WinTabs API to support Pens in Photoshop.  Windows had no Pen support Mac had not Pens support it was a new kind of device.  Wacom most likely used low level system interfaces to implement a Application imterfacs for these systems.   Old Windows Perpetual version of Photoshop  only have  pen support via WinTab API.  Windows did not support Pen  Microsoft INK did not exists.  I think on Mac a Wacom implemented API  may be what Application like Photoshop use for pen support.  I know Apple mobile devices  use Apple IOS system and supports touch screens and Apple pencils does Mac OS. I do not know  I gave up using Mac when the G5 I had was their best machine Apple's OS7 and OS9 where not the best. Microsoft's PC DOS, Widows, Windows NT, and OS2 all had issues.  Steve canned Apple OS and turned to a  Unix type OS he used at Next now Mac OS.   Ipad Photoshop would use apple Pencil support for it runs on IOS.  Most likely why cloud storage is used for files with Ipad Photoshop.   So Windows and Mac Photoshop cans access and share files easily.  Not have to deal with IOS.

I do not know what going one these days I retired 18 years ago and have not looked at any system code since then. I'm retired I no longer have to keep up the pace.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much! 
That was very informative 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all else fails try smacking your pen sharply against the palm of your hand a few times. This has worked for me, believe it or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😂😅

Thanks, I'll try that. Are you also using a Huion device?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I've aways had only various Wacom tablets. I should have mentioned that in case it matters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines