Highlighted

HELP! Mass Cropping Images

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 400 images of a model in studio that I would like to make the same size.  Like have the model in same dimensions - is there a way to do it automated batch?  Would like the subject (model) to have the same white space around in all 400 images.  Hope that helps.

If not a batch automated than how can I see if they are same size by manually doing it by making it bigger and smaller?

HELP!!!!!!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HELP! Mass Cropping Images

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 400 images of a model in studio that I would like to make the same size.  Like have the model in same dimensions - is there a way to do it automated batch?  Would like the subject (model) to have the same white space around in all 400 images.  Hope that helps.

If not a batch automated than how can I see if they are same size by manually doing it by making it bigger and smaller?

HELP!!!!!!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably want to use File > Scripts > Image Processor. It can do the batch resizing.

To add the white border, you can use the Actions panel to create an action that uses the Image > Canvas Size command in Relative mode to add the number of pixels you want to the width and height around each image. Then, in Image Processor, use the Run Action option to add that border action to what it processes.

In this way you might be able to do both the resizing and border addition in one batch pass through Image Processor.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Crop image to the same size requires scripting if the images  have different sizes  like some portraits and other landscape.  The image processors scripts would need help  to do that kind of sizing.  They can only  do Fit image type of resizing that is fit a image to fit within some Pixels size area.  Image will retain the aspect ratio.   I have written two Plug-in scripts you can use in actions help do the cropping and resizing.  The are a rip off aor Adobe's  "Fit Image.jsx"  Plug-In script.  Basicly I change the function in Fit Image.

The First Plug-in script is "Aspect Ratio Selection...".   With this Plug-in you can set a centered  aspect  aatio selection.  The selection will be set either as a Portrait or Landscape aspect ratio  depending on the images orientation. The Action can then crop the image to have the correct Aspect Ratio so the image resize will be a perfect fit.  However if you use Fit Image it will sample the image during the resizing which looses image quality. I do not like to Resample except for making image smaller for the web.  So I wrote a second Plug-in script "Long Side Print Length"  You resize for Print Size not  not change the number of pixels. The Print resolution is set for the print size you want.  These Plug-in script install into menu File>Automate>AntomationName.... "Aspect  Ratio Selection..." can set Selections or paths rectangular or elliptical and all the select option are supported Add, subtract and intersect.  Path Exclude option is not supported.  These Plug-ng are in my Crafting Action package.

image.png

Crafting Actions Package UPDATED Aug 10, 2014 Added Conditional Action steps to Action Palette Tips.
Contains

Example
Download

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 0