• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! My OPTION + DELETE is not working! Photoshop version 20.0.7 macOS [2019]

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I press OPTION + DELETE (I use Mac) to fill the shape with the foreground color, nothing happens.

But when I check the history panel, it does say that a fill layer action has been done. Manually adding colors thru the option bar and properties panel works though, but why won't my shortcut work? My photoshop CC is also updated to the latest version (20.0.7). I have also searched for answers here, but they were all quite old and did not really solve my problem. Any help would be appreciated.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That does not sound good, Option + Delete combination should fill the foreground color, as it is not working as expected, could you try updating Photoshop to version 21.0.1 which is the most recent version and let us know if it helps?

You may also try enabling "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and see how it goes.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop Beta 25.4, and opt+delete doesn't fill my foreground

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you marked my answer as Correct? It's not ananswer, but I am saying that I have the same problem on my mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce the problem neither on 25.5.0 (the current Beta) nor on 25.3.1 (the released version). 

So first of all you should post on the correct Forum (the one dedicated to the Beta version). 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta/ct-p/ct-photoshop-beta?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filt...

Secondly you should do basic trouble-shooting (like updating [after making sure presets are backed up for safety sace], restoring prefs, …) and if that does not help provide steps to reproduce the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a new post in the Photopshop Beta forum. Also, I am on the latest Beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are using Photoshop 25.5.0? 

Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 13.19.18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am using photoshop 25.5.0

I am on Mac M1 and the norwegian layout keyboard doesn't have a delete key. 

I tried on a Logi keyboard which does have a Delete key, but still pressing Opt+Delete does nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried this on Photoshop 25.3.1 (current prod version) and it works. So,  there is defenitely a bug in the beta version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce the problem neither on 25.5.0 (the current Beta) nor on 25.3.1 (the released version). 

By @c.pfaffenbichler

Can...neither...nor

Did you mean to write "can't"? 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @c.pfaffenbichler

Can...neither...nor

Did you mean to write "can't"? 

Jane

By @jane-e

I think »neither« and »nor« carry the property of negation, so adding »can’t« would make it a double negative? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should have started with can't, and the neither should have been replaced by either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you mean @c.pfaffenbichler . Sorry!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem; in spoken english double negatives or zero-negatives (»I could care less …«) are apparently perfectly intelligible therefore fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you marked my answer as Correct? It's not ananswer, but I am saying that I have the same problem on my mac.

By @pandeyg2106

I don’t know who marked the post as the »Correct Answer«, but I was able to »unmark« it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines