• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP!! OOps psd file as a pdf

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did an assignment for my photoshop class and accidentally saved as pdf.  I don't want to have to start all over again.  How can I correct that?? 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have a PSD to start from that should still be around.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you did not save a PSD first, then you will have to start again. This time, save at the beginning of the project and incrementally as you work.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you never saved a Photoshop file and only a PDF file, you have two possibilities for recovering the document.

When you saved as a PDF in Photoshop, did you select Preserve Photoshop Editing Capabilities as shown below? If you did, then nothing was actually lost: Simply open the PDF in Photoshop, and you will see all of your original Photoshop layers, including text and vector shapes.

Photoshop-PDF-Preserve-Editing-Capabilities.jpg

If you did not select Preserve Photoshop Editing Capabilities, you can try using Adobe Acrobat to extract the image and send it back to Photoshop:

1. Open the PDF file in Acrobat DC (not Acrobat Reader), and click Edit PDF. 

2. With the Selection tool in the toolbar at the top, select the image on the page. 

3. In the Edit PDF tools, click Edit Using. If Photoshop is in the list, choose Photoshop. If Photoshop is not in the list, choose Open With, and then select Photoshop. 

4. The image opens in Photoshop. However, I do not think this method will preserve any layers. When I try this, it’s always a flat Photoshop document.

Acrobat-edit-image-external.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines