Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP!!!!! Pen Pressure isn't working

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

So, I just got my first tablet for Christmas and as far as I can tell I've set everything up correctly but the pen pressure doesn't seem to be working in Photoshop. I'm using an XP - Pen artist 15.6 Pro and Photoshop 2017 on a Mac OS X. The tablet settings seems to be recognising the pen pressure but when I try to do it in photoshop if I try to draw a light line no matter what pressure I'm using it turns out heavy. So If anyone is able to help that would be fantastic I've looked at a load of forums and I just can't seem to get it. 

Thank you 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm not familiar with an XP Pen Artist Pro, but I do have a few questions for you. How did you install the driver? What version of OS X are your running? How do you know that the tablet settings are being reconized?

When I installed my Wacom on my new machine, I had to set permissions in the Security settings. You may have the same issue. https://machollywood.com/blogs/news/how-to-remove-backup-restore-wacom-preferences

Please let us know if this helps and send us the additional info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I installed it based on the instructions given for the tablet and also follwed these instructions https://www.xp-pen.com/faq-69-297.html  to hopefully get photoshop to work with pen pressure but it had no effect. And here is where I got the driver if thats of any help https://www.xp-pen.com/download-69.html . I'm running Mac 10.10.5. I can see the pressure sensitivity in the tablet settings

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I sent you the wrong doc (I am so sorry!)

From what you have described, it doesn't sound like your mac is recognizing the tablet, so read throught the link below and see if this helps. Here is a link to the instructions for making sure that your permissions are set in your security settings. Even though this is for a Wacom, read through it and see if you need to make adjustments in the Security and Privacy settings on your Mac.

https://machollywood.com/blogs/news/wacom-tablet-compatibility-with-mac-os-10-15-catalina

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pen pressure.jpg

you press these 2 switches?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I don't understand what you are asking. Can you give us a little more information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes I do have them pressed and I have shape dynamics on pen pressure control is there anything else I missed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seen a different version of an XP Pen settings that had an 'info' tab and it had a check box for "Supports Digital Ink"... you have that? check that box and restart photohop? also did you remove any previous tablet drivers and restart etc....

🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines