Help! Pen tool path lines are no longer blue, hard to see

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.jpg

Hi, I'm working on photoshop right now and for some reasons my path lines for the pen tool have changed from a very visible blue to a very thin grey line and I can barely see the handles or anchor points. I must have clicked something by accident. Can someone help me change it back? It's really hard working with it like this. Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional path options are available from the Options bar see screenshot below. It seems there is a bug in 21.2.0 Version and options are grayed out at least on Windows machine, please report bug here https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

path options.jpg

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked in preferences to see if Photoshop is detecting your GPU and that OpenCL is enabled

2020-06-19 09_33_25-Preferences.png

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it is hard using the gray pen tool. I really like the blue pen tool. What version of Photoshop are you using?

Can you show me the blue pen tool cursor please (what does it look like)?

I am currently using Version 21.1.3, and I have the blue pen tool cursor, but I upgraded to the 21.2 version and I get the gray pen tool. I am not sure why, but what I did is I went back to 21.1.3 (latest version for the blue pen tool), and it works better now, but not sure whether to upgrade to the latest or stay at 21.1.3.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I did, stay at 21.1.3

Every morning, when I fire up my computer, Creative Cloud informs me Photoshop has an update available, but its always 21.2 😞

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem just now, I couldn't make the blue path line for the pen tool, but I was working with a file that I dragged directly from my files to photoshop, and I fixed it by going to File > Open (Ctrl + O) and opened the file that I wanted to work with, and the path lines were blue again.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! This solution worked for me. I was about to lose my mind with that gray path 😉

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines