HELP - Photoshop freezes ENTIRE PC randomly after a few minutes of usage

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a pretty big problem that makes working impossible for me atm. I need help asap, otherwise I'm loosing way too much time for my current projects.

My problem:

Photoshop just freezes my entire PC after a few minutes (sometimes after 1min of using it, sometimes after 20min, doesn't matter what I'm currently doing in PS) indefinitely. I cannot move my mouse, my keyboard is not responding, my screens are completely frozen. No errors or anything, it just freezes. 

I have tried to update all my drivers, tried to reinstall PS, to clean all my preferences, change scratch disk, lower the RAM it's allowed to use to 20%, to update to the newest PS version, nothing.

This has only been happening for the last few weeks!

The only explanation I could give myself is, that I updated from 16GB to 32GB RAM, but no other program (e.g. Substance Painter or After Effects, that use A LOT more RAM) have ANY problems.

I'm grateful for any input that might help, I'm currently restarting my PC all 10 minutes so that I can keep working on my projects :(((

Also not what I'm expecting from a program that I pay 40$ for a month!

Here are my specs:

Summary
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X 59 °C
Summit Ridge 14nm Technology
RAM

32GB G.Skill RipJaws V schwarz DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME B350-PLUS (AM4) 36 °C
Graphics
Acer B273H (1920x1080@60Hz)
SAMTRON (1280x1024@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (NVIDIA) 43 °C
Storage
489GB Crucial_CT525MX300SSD1 (SATA (SSD)) 39 °C
3726GB Western Digital WDC WD40EZRZ-00GXCB0 (SATA ) 39 °C
3726GB Western Digital WDC WD40EZRZ-00GXCB0 (SATA ) 35 °C
9314GB Seagate ST10000DM0004-2GR11L (SATA ) 35 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2021 has issues Adobe is working on.  How is Photoshop 2020 version 21.2.4 working for your.  The best solution seen to be use 21.2.4 till Adobe address the issues in Photoshop 2021.

JJMack

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much Scratch Disk space do you have setup in Photoshop?

Are you using your active HD (the same as the app) as your primary Scratch Disk?

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines