Highlighted

Help! photoshop keeps saving my art flipped horizontally!

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created some art. Everything was going fine and then once I finished I saved and when I went back to it the document was saved (and showing up in the thumnail) flipped horizontally! Every time I flip it back and save it just reverts back to being backwards!!! I have no idea what is happening or why. Please help!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by jane-e | Adobe Community Professional

If you are flipping your image in the View menu, that is a View setting and it will flip back when reopened. If you want to actually flip it, use Edit > Transform > Flip Horizontal instead.

~ Jane

Topics

FAQ, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help! photoshop keeps saving my art flipped horizontally!

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created some art. Everything was going fine and then once I finished I saved and when I went back to it the document was saved (and showing up in the thumnail) flipped horizontally! Every time I flip it back and save it just reverts back to being backwards!!! I have no idea what is happening or why. Please help!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by jane-e | Adobe Community Professional

If you are flipping your image in the View menu, that is a View setting and it will flip back when reopened. If you want to actually flip it, use Edit > Transform > Flip Horizontal instead.

~ Jane

Topics

FAQ, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of files are you saving? PSD, JPEG, PNG etc…

You could trying doing a Save As to create a new file and see if that file is stable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get an answer to this?? it's happening to me now and I can't figure out why...going crazy...

Thank you!

Niki

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Niki. Did you try the suggestion I made to the original post and save a copy of the file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me Michael, but you didn't suggest anything other than to save as... unless there was more that is no longer posted here?

I did find that the answer is in the view menu as Jane suggested below.

I both cases, it reopens flipped whether saved as or simply reopened. I needed to go into the view settings to rectify.

Thank you Michael and Jane for your help!

Much appreciated 🙂

All the best to you,

Niki

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear you solved the problem. I was wondering if your Photoshop file and the preview image for the Photoshop file were mirror images of each other. My "Save As" suggestion was to force a refresh of a possibly corrupted preview image.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
jane-e LATEST
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, Niki, and I'm glad this worked for you. 😊

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines