• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Photoshop Lag w/ multiple selective colour layers.

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anybody else experiencing this issue?

Bought a new iMac few days ago for photography and while trying to edit colours with a few selective colour adjustment layers, the slider lags and takes awhile for the colours to change. A lot of my editing depends on colour grading and I can't edit with this lag/delay.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Also after merging the layers, the problem goes away. But problem reappears if I have too many layers again. Personally, I like to edit without merging layers so I can always go back and readjust a few things or group a few layers for a preset if I am editing similar pictures..

My photoshop is the latest version and I am currently running on macOS catalina 10.15.7

My Mac specs are...(I assume this should be enough for intense photo editing)

-3.8GHz 8-core 10th-gen intel core i7 processor, Turbo Boost 5.0GHz

-32gb 2666MHz DDR4 memory

-Radeon Pro 5500 XT w/ 8GB of GDDR6 memory

-1TB SSD storage

Here is a short video of the lag

https://youtu.be/vWCLJVH-RDM

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there are limits to what hardware accelerated functions can handle and given the soemwhat complicated underlying math you are likely simply exhausting all resources. Funny enough this might work a lot better if you simply turn off acceleration in the prefs, at least for this sort of workflow.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will give that a try and see if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also when you mention accelerated function, you are talking about the "Use graphics proccessor" setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines