• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! Photoshop shows black screen and no files work anymore???

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a picture of what happens once I open a file or make a new one. Before I open anything, PS works just as usual, but just when I open a file or make a new one, the screen looks like this:
PS Fehler.jpg
The weird thing is, the whole screen looks like this but I can still click on the (invisble) tools etc and they work...

I already:
- deinstalled and reinstalled PS
- emptied my system memory
- renamed the PS folder (as recommendet by Adobe support)
- updated PS and my graphic card to the newest versions
- made a new User, made it administrator and tried PS there but the same problem appears
- turned the laptop on and off (yes, also inbetween installing and deinstalling etc.)

It worked just fine yesterday and then I closed the file for an hour to get me some dinner and when I reopened it EVERY file I tried to open looked like this.
Support seems to just give me the solutions which you can already find online with google and neither of them could help me.
Does anyone have a solution? 😞

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try disabling the bargain-basement GPU and just use the discrete GPU? It'll use more battery power but could help:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html#multiple-gpus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help, sadly this also doesn't seem to solve my problem. I also checked if there might be a problem with my computer but everything seems fine. Not sure what else I can do 😕 I am also not very smart in fixing problems with my computer so it's even harder to figure out the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I take it you tried disabling GPU acceleration?

(On the menu bar: Edit > Preferences > Performance > Graphics Processor Settings > uncheck "Use Graphics Processor".) If this works, it's something to do with the driver itself; try another driver, maybe from earlier than when the problem first started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I already tried that as well and still the screen looks like this 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you thought about going "scorched earth" and formatting your system? I want to say something's up with the GPU that Photoshop is exploiting. (Is it NVIDIA? AMD/Radeon? I know Intel usually takes care of the basic video parts. I haven't heard any of them complain about something like this. There could be something hardware-wise going on. A good way to find out is to start fresh, period.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

im having the same problem, im tryna get this resolved and fast as possible!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines