Highlighted

Help! Photoshop Ver 21.1.0 has Annoying Flickering Behavior

Participant ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else have this problem with the most recent version update?

Box.com Mac Screen Capture Link: Photoshop Flickering 

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 3.57.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-04 at 3.58.14 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help! Photoshop Ver 21.1.0 has Annoying Flickering Behavior

Participant ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else have this problem with the most recent version update?

Box.com Mac Screen Capture Link: Photoshop Flickering 

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 3.57.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-04 at 3.58.14 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 04, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop due to the flickering issue.

Please go to the Preferences for Photoshop, then Performance and uncheck the option to Use Graphics Processor. Also, check the option for Legacy Compositing and relaunch Photoshop to check if issue persists.

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 05, 2020 0
Participant ,
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you watch the attached video? I did turn off Graphics Processor in the video and it still had the behavior. I just turned on Legacy Compositing, restarted Photoshop, and the behavior still exists.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 05, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I did see the video you attached. Does this happen with any file you work on and any tool you use? Have you tried to re-install Photoshop to check if that helps?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2020 0
Participant ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure about any tool, but it happens with all files. I haven't tried to uninstall Photoshop and reinstall. I can try that. However, I have restarted and made sure I have the latest updates. Random grey blocky shapes still appear and prevent the image from displaying.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i have exactly the same problem. 

I also turned off Graphic Processor and nothing changed.

It appears in nearly every situation, f.e. layer with gradation like in the video.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WYwa2SN8EaJHG7QDJsCimhyyArganMdW/view?usp=sharing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2020 0
Participant ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, mine is not that severe, but yes, here is another instance of it glitching randomly with the Pen Tool and Direct Select Tool.

https://nic.box.com/s/z357362nk7aeismjf8yy1hrqu5y3xrgm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing another video and we are sorry about the delay in response. Please update to Photoshop 21.1.1 through the Creative Cloud desktop application and check if the issue persists.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2020 0
Participant ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I will test for the behavior with the recent update to 21.1.1 and let you know soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hjacob,

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop and about the delay in response. Would you mind checking if you have dual graphic cards on the computer that you are using? Which operating system are you working on?

Please update to Photoshop 21.1.1 through the Creative Cloud desktop application and check if the issue persists.

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm having the same issue, I've dont all the above and am on the latest version 21.1.1

Has there been any progress on resolving this issue? 

Its super annoying 

Thanks 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem for the last couple of months. I've tried the steps listed above and I'm still having the same problem. Has this bug been resolved yet?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0