• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

help to understand RGB

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello , beginner here , i'm trying to understand pexel and rgb stuff in photoshop , i start with a photo and try seprate it's rgb channel , i select red channel and then make a mask then i use paint bucket tool with 255 red to make it full red but i get somthing werid ;

rrrrgb.PNGas you can see there is some pixels that are look more red and darker than other although the color sampler says that all pixels are 255 red , i thought it is about the selection but it is in the pixel level , so why i see alot of variations ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off: The Paintbucket Tool is essentially useless when it comes to serious work (in my opinion at least) so what exactly are you doing and why? 

Secondly: Pixels of varying Opacity can have the same RGB numbers; and when set against a transparent background they naturally cannot be »mixed« with the background pixels’ RGB numbers. 

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe these screenshots can help clarify. 

Screenshot 2021-04-16 at 09.42.26.pngScreenshot 2021-04-16 at 09.42.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome to this friendly forum.

It would be really helpful for you if you took some lessons, there are free tutorials that come with the Creative Cloud, and there are some terrific books such as "Photoshop Classroom in a Book" (with its accompanying website), and there's the excellent step-by-step online video tutorials from Linkedin Learning (you can get 30-days free access).

And of course return to this forum for specific questions.

Have fun!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines