• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help transfer the shapes to a layer. Which keyboard shortcut should I use?

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to make the same cursor as in the photo below? In earlier versions, it seemed to be Ctrl + Shift, but now how?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested CS3, CS6, CC 2014, CC 2018, CC 2019 and PS 2020 21.2  in all of those version when the cursor  is over a layer's thumbnail Content or Mask add the modifier key Ctrl the cursor turns somewhat like that but its missing the little + Clicking  load the pixels the thumbnail is for as a selection.   If I add the modifier Shift key (Ctrl+Shift) the cursor remains the same without the little + I can not say I remember ever seeing this cursor. I used Google image to search for Photoshop cursor icons and also hand icons and could not find it your cursor seems to be evading my searches.

Безымянный.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Cursor your seeing happens when one has an existing selection and Shift+Ctrl or Shift+Cmd clicks on another layer thumbnail to add the selection of that layers content to an existing selection. Also applies to the channels and paths panels.

select.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It should have dawned on me  that it was add to loaded selection.  Its shows how little attention I pay  the the cursor icons I often use Ctrl+Shift  in the channels palette to add alpha channels to a selection to make mats for collages the same icon is used there. So I have seem the often....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines