Highlighted

help, updated photoshop and now i can't open or save files :/

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was having problems opening photoshop and realized i had an update pending. I updeted it and now when i open it the program's window i fully black. If i click on the "help" tab suddenly all the tools appear but still i cant open files. I tried dragging pictures on to it and i works, i was able to work on them but when i wanted to save the file i couldn't do it. Somehow when I want to close the program it tells me to save the file and when i click on that button (save as) nothing happens. 

I have no idea what to do, already reseted my computer and deleted and re installed ph.

any ideas?

by the way, this is on a mac

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

Asssuming you have the recent version of the OS and plenty of RAM and spare disk capacity (and I think yoiu mentioned you'd reset your Photoshop preferences, try this:

Uninstall Photoshop, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app, and reinstall Photoshop again. If that doesn't solve the problem then unistall it once again and then run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling Photoshop again.

Here's a link to Cleaner: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

help, updated photoshop and now i can't open or save files :/

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was having problems opening photoshop and realized i had an update pending. I updeted it and now when i open it the program's window i fully black. If i click on the "help" tab suddenly all the tools appear but still i cant open files. I tried dragging pictures on to it and i works, i was able to work on them but when i wanted to save the file i couldn't do it. Somehow when I want to close the program it tells me to save the file and when i click on that button (save as) nothing happens. 

I have no idea what to do, already reseted my computer and deleted and re installed ph.

any ideas?

by the way, this is on a mac

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

Asssuming you have the recent version of the OS and plenty of RAM and spare disk capacity (and I think yoiu mentioned you'd reset your Photoshop preferences, try this:

Uninstall Photoshop, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app, and reinstall Photoshop again. If that doesn't solve the problem then unistall it once again and then run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling Photoshop again.

Here's a link to Cleaner: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! thanks for the advise, i'm about to run the cleaner and im not quite sure what should i choose to clean. Since I uninstalled photoshop it doesent appear as an option and i wouldn't wanna accidentally ruin illustrator or some other program. Or do i have to uninstall all adobe products? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so so much!!! yo truly saved me :,-)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your PC RAM don't supports the new version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0