• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Weird moving lines appear on GIF for email

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an animated gif to be inserted into Mailchimp. The gif looks fine when previewed, and also looks fine after inserting into a Mailchimp template, but when the email is sent out (I viewed on Gmail), the gif appears with weird moving lines in the background.

1.png

I saved it via Export > Save For Web (Legacy) and with the following settings. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

B.png

Appreciate any thoughts/advice, thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried testing different settings when you export?

If the image looks ok when viewed in a browser and in Mailchimp, the issue could be the email client itself running compression on your image.

You have zero control over how a client will view your images once you send them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did you create that background.  That does not look like a fill layer.   Reducing the colors to 256 color is going to show up imperfections. Try rendering a MP4 video it will have better color an animated gif and the MP4 file may be smaller than the GIF file. You posted a png file not your GIF and that PNG image has a botched background?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines