• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP with Error: Unable to open photos....

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on editing photos and when I went to open more photos to import I receive a message (unable to open...).  I have closed the program and shut down my computer.  Thoughts?  I have a deadline coming up.

Thanks!

Sondra

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you run all updates to both Photoshop and Lightroom? Is the Lightroom catalog on a mounted/local drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates ran last week on both Photoshop and Lightroom.  Yes, the catalog is on a local drive.

Thanks,

Sondra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you on a Mac? If yes, is the external drive formatted to a Mac specific (ExFat) format?

The newer Mac OS - Catalina and Big Sur cause security exceptions that prevent PS from opening files directly from an external not formatted to Mac specific formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very very good. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines