• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP with file saving

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an issue the other day and shared screen with an Adobe rep. Somehow he changed my settings and when I save things I can not see them unless I am sending them out. Not sure what he did. But After I complete my work. It is being saved on my laptop I just can not see it until I forward it somewhere via email or we transfer. Any suggestion?????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the tools and/or preferences.
To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.
Note: Using the keyboard shortcut, preference files for custom shortcuts, workspaces, and color settings will also be reset to default.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#restore_preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats the wrong answer for me. That keeps coming up without options. I think that is for users with not enough space and have scratch disk issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please explain your issue in a different way.

I'm not sure I understand what is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save something from Photoshop I can not see it anywhere on my computer. However when I try and email it, or send in wetransfer or dropbox the file is visible in the exact folder I saved it in. The rep changed my setting and disconnected when I told him he switched it. Now nothing I save is able to be previewed on my computer. Unless I send to myself and

re-download it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So it turns out it was a permissions issue. We had to restart my laptop and give Adobe and all it's folder permission to each and every folder to restore the settings for saving. I hope this helps you better understand now that it's fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines