• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Move Tool causing problems in CS6.

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to an SSD and reinstalled CS6. I didn't know that it was some newer Anniversary Edition. I'm having a problem when I use the move tool after selecting something, it causes this grid of subsections to appear which terribly lag my computer. The grids don't even seem to make sense. It seems to show up when using the move tool specifically. I have to hover over these sections to load portions of the image when I adjust or filter anything, and sometimes break/drag across the screen (pic 3) or just completely freeze. It also sometimes quarters, but I don't know if that's related to the smart guides. (pic 2) Moving the object around also "erases" the grid somehow, like it hovers over it at times. I've tried turning things off in View and in preferences, but don't know what this feature is called. GPU and drivers are up to date as well. Really trying to avoid reinstalling, had no issues in my previous edition of CS6 and it otherwise runs smoothly. I'd appreciate any advice I can get, really frustrating.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uncheck Use Graphic Processor. Click OK then close and restart Photoshop. ...

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My preferences don't allow me to do that, not sure what processor my laptop has other than that it's intel. Had CS6 before and ran without this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact version of Photoshop CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 2015, anniversary edition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doesn't look like photoshop cs6, but an early creative cloud photoshop version.

From within photoshop please post the contents of Help>System Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines