• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with painting colour

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to get my head around the new version - the palette swatches are gone, and along with it I can't make sense of the background layer I used to paint my colour on. If I delete the white spaces on an inked top layer, the layer underneath looks like 8-bit blockiness. 
Simple tasks and tools I used day after day after day to do my job now don't work, and I don't even know where to begin? 

Is it possible to roll back to the previous CC Photoshop? I was happy there...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Thank you for your response, Myra!

I found a work around with the swatches thing where I just dragged all the variations back into one window, a bit messier than previous versions but it seems to sort-of work, if you recall the old swatches panel with the basic colours.

geoffw33967700_0-1622730046536.png

The "blockiness" seems to have resolved itself, I can now paint smooth strokes in both CMYK and RGB. For the life of me I don't know why it's suddenly working after a very frustrating afternoon but I'm a lot happier now. 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to open Swatches by going to Window > Swatches if they aren't a part of the Workspace that you're using. You can change your Workspace by going to the icon in the upper right that is a rectangle with what looks like a toolbar inside it on the left.

I'm not sure what you mean about the blockiness unless maybe you're zoomed in and have Pixel grid turned on. You can toggle it off by going to View > Show > Pixel Grid (it'll have a checkmark by it when it's enabled). If that wasn't the issue, would you be able to share a screenshot?

And you can roll back to the previous version by going to the Creative Cloud Desktop App. Here are instructions for installing a previous version:

Install previous versions of your Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response, Myra!

I found a work around with the swatches thing where I just dragged all the variations back into one window, a bit messier than previous versions but it seems to sort-of work, if you recall the old swatches panel with the basic colours.

geoffw33967700_0-1622730046536.png

The "blockiness" seems to have resolved itself, I can now paint smooth strokes in both CMYK and RGB. For the life of me I don't know why it's suddenly working after a very frustrating afternoon but I'm a lot happier now. 

Thank you so much! Best I brush up on some new tutorials, and thank you for the help on how to roll back. I'm determined to push forward, but under deadline the new changes can feel like a wall 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines