• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Photoshop CS6 migration from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in a bit of a bad situation and a bit of a bind.  I am using a 5+ year old Laptop with a 1TB Hybrid HD with Windows 8.1 operating system.  I am about to replace the HD with a 2 TB SSD drive and to update the operating system to Windows 10.

Presently I am using the last stand alone versions of Photoshop CS6 V13 and Lightroom 6.14.  I have the software for Photoshop CS6 and I can download LR and update it to LR 6.14  for the new drive.

I have been trying to avoid the monthy subscription for Photoshop and LR because of the monthy charge and also because my Laptop is 5 + years old.  Adobe really suggests a more capable machine for the online subscription.  My Laptop is an i7 machine operating at 2.6 GHz with 16GB of RAM.

Adobe has indicated that they no longer support the downloads for the updates for Photoshop CS6 and to post here for help.

My IT guy says that if I clone my 1 TB Hybrid drive to my new 2TB SSD drive that it will format the new drive as 1 TB so I get no benefit.  Additionally, due to the kind of drive, I am unable to use the 1TB hybrid drive as an external drive once it is replaced.

My preference would be to continue to use my standalone PS6 and have it updated to PS6.13 and also to use LR6.14.  Is there any way or source for getting the PS6 updates to PS6.13   Or am I now forced to go the subscription routed through Adobe.

Thanks for your thoughts, help, and input.

Rich Nelridge

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Photoshop forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you clone the 1TB Hybrid drive to my new 2TB SSD drive you can still get the 1TB back by using https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

I recently installed a new SSD on my PC, originally hard an 256GB SSD and upgraded it to a 500GB SSD after recovering my image using https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree the 500GB SSD only showed 256GB but I was able to get rest of the space back using Partition Wizard

Both apps are free

You can use one of these SSD Hard Drive USB Cables

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way or source for getting the PS6 updates to PS6.13 when I change from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 since Adobe claims that they are not supporting the updates for PS6?   Or am I now forced to go the subscription routed through Adobe.

Thanks,

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello R-bin, i am on the same trouble, i have my DVD for Lightroom 6. but need de updates to 6.14 and can not find them any place on adobe. Would you help me to find them_?

Thanks, Luis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines